Yesterday we went to our niece, Abbie's, baptism. At the after party, Mark and I agreed to let everyone in on our little secret. We both knew it wouldn't be long before people started noticing my growing midsection, and Thanksgiving seemed like too long to wait to tell my extended family. It's weird to not have to pretend to not be pregnant, but I like it!
We went and looked at car seats and stroller systems this weekend. We like the chicco key fit, but if you have any advice or suggestions, we'd love to hear it. Mark has done most of the research on this stuff, but it seems like it has all of the features I'd want... Except I'm not totally sure what will/wont work until I have to use it everyday.
It seemed like it would last forever, but I am almost out of the first trimester... The morning sickness is getting better, and I'm finally starting to not lose weight. Hard to believe we are 30% of the way there already! And since we've gotten this question a lot, No, we are not finding out the gender before the baby's birth. Maybe it's old fashioned, but you get so few good surprises in life, I'd like to let this one last. ;)
I've heard more than one woman say she was super sick with a girl. I've been lucky to not have more than a few weeks of mild queasiness with Tristan and with the current pregnancy...glad you're nearly out of the morning sickness woods!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Erienne and Mark!
ReplyDeleteIf youre looking into running strollers at all, I recommend Bob strollers. You can put a baby seat in it, and its extremely durable and suprisingly easly to drive. And, if you buy at REI, they have a no questions asked replacement policy.