Monday, September 27, 2010

And so it begins... (7 wks, 2 days)

Well, I've been gloating all along about having not truly suffered from morning sickness. Yes, I've been nauseous constantly, and yes, I've even lost several pounds (I was 142-143 this morning). This morning, however, one bite of my cereal, and oh no! At least I had time to run to the bathroom before it really came back up. Then I suffered through the rest of my cereal, knowing it would only get better if I continued to choke it down. The "joys" of pregnancy!

(picture at 6 weeks)

I was feeling so bad, I almost called out of work. But as I continued throughout the day, I made sure I had a little bit of something in my stomach at all times - even if it was just some soda or water - and I seemed to do much better as the day went on.

Oh, and much love to the staff at Abingdon Walgreen's for helping me out today :) I think mostly the reason I felt better was because of the support I received from each and every one of you - so thanks, girls!

Tomorrow we go for the first sonogram. I'm super nervous. A bazillion things could go wrong. Or it could be twins. Or it could be a tumor. Oh geez, please just let everything be healthy, normal, and happy. And I have to have a full bladder. I know the reasoning - so the position of the uterus is in a better spot for visualization of the baby - but it's like pure torture to a pregnant lady.



(picture at 7 weeks)

One last thing, I've been super hormonal (obviously). I apologize if I've suddenly started crying or bawling. I truly can't help it. Most times, I don't even know why I'm crying...it just happens. I think I've only had this happen in front of Mark, but if you see me get teary eyed, you've been warned. :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment