...
So the appointment went well. Mark came back with me, which really helped to make me feel more comfortable and at ease - even if it was only because it made him more uncomfortable. Thanks for taking one for the team, Mark :)
We talked to Dr. Aziz for a while about our family histories, twins in the family, diseases, etc, and then we went back for the exam. It was no different than any other doctor visit, except for the part where she felt my uterus and exclaimed, "you are definitely pregnant! Six to eight weeks along - perfect size." I was (as the title says) 6 weeks and 5 days, so that's a relief. I'm still a little anxious about having multiples, but I seriously doubt it's happening now. Phew. She also weighed me, and with all my clothes on and having downed a bunch of water to be able to go to the bathroom - I was at 147. I've been 145 at home, so with all my clothes on, I figured that wasn't too bad. :)

After the appointment, we went to get the bloodwork done - and boy did they take a LOT of blood! I was really unprepared for it... all NINE vials! At least I didn't have to look, I didn't pass out, and I got to eat an awesome lunch at Red Robin afterward :) Well, I sort of ate... that's been a bit of a problem these days, but we're working on it. I'm learning that I can no longer eat the way I used to - 2-3 big meals/day with relatively no snacking. That just isn't going to cut it anymore. I definitely have come to realize I need to be constantly eating, or else the nausea takes over and I can't eat at all. Not good.
I have a sonogram scheduled for next Tuesday. Here's hoping all turns out okay!
No comments:
Post a Comment