Friday, September 17, 2010

We're Expanding!


On September 7, 2010, Mark and I found out our family would be growing by two little feet :) That's right - we're expecting! Baby "Susque" Hanna is due in May 2011.



I found out first thing on Tuesday morning. After getting Mark out of bed, I contemplated taking a pregnancy test. I went back and forth several times, convincing myself it would be negative...but just taking it to get it over with. I thought he was downstairs, so I went to go get him while waiting for the test results. Much to my surprise, Mark had already left for work! So I went to look at the test, and it was POSITIVE! So there I was, sitting there, brimming with all kinds of emotions - and I had to share with someone. I definitely did not want to tell Mark over the phone, so I called my sister. I barely got two words out, probably something like, "uh, Kate?" and she knew. I didn't even have to tell her. Then I went to her house for the day, stealing all her pregnancy and baby names books, so I would have something to keep myself occupied until Mark came home. I also made a trip to BabiesRUs, picked up some bibs that said "Daddy's Hugs are the Best" and some plain white onesies.




I carefully wrapped all of these things up in a gift bag, pregnancy test on the bottom, onesies (decorated with "Will you be my Daddy?") and bibs next, and the book "How to be a Pregnant Father" on top. I let Mark open this gift when he came home from disc golf (yes, not only did I have to wait all day for work to be over, but then I had to wait for him to finish playing disc golf! and I am not a patient person!). As he opened each thing, the expression on his face went from - "do you have something to tell me?"



- to - "are you serious?"



- to - "are you SURE? how do you KNOW?" :-D



We are both VERY excited, shocked, surprised, nervous, etc. :)

As of tomorrow, I am six weeks pregnant. We go for our first OB appointment on the 23rd. Can't wait to see little Susque for the first time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment